One "What If" question I recommend you Ask


It is probably safe to say that the vast majority of people have a parallel thought running simultaneously while their main processes are in function. When I consider technology I don't lie to myself, but rather just prefer not to deeply consider how vast and powerful that force is already. How more than likely the human mind is already out done and we can't even begin to consider all the avenues that such advances are taking. Yes, of course, when approached I will contemplate this point but if there is no reason to frustrate myself, I avoid it.

Deep theological thinking is fun in sparing moments. Simply stated I don't really want to address that train of thought everyday - even though I probably should. When working with people I like to ask "what if" questions. I find them thought provoking and intriguing. Debates and "other sides of the coin" are a super way to keep the mind sharp.

With all of this in mind - I rarely asked myself this what if - "What if I was the last Christian on earth? What if I had to re-educate and reach millions of people who had chosen to believe that life was nothing more than atoms, molecular processes, and technological advances coupled with cosmology?" These are not typical "what if" questions that I postulate particularly because on a daily basis I am surrounded by the evidence of "believers".

Then I received David Gregory's new novel: "The Last Christian." I liken it to mind-altering, perspective stopping fiction. It, although a great read, made the flip-side of the coin and the possibility of a world without religion a concept that perhaps we need to consider more deeply and less figuratively the we are at this present moment.

I think you need to read this book. In fact, I want you to read it! I want to share with you the questions and "what if's" that I have been aggressively attacking this week. Since I feel so strongly about that - I welcome you to email or post to this blog your thoughts and I will select one person to receive a free copy. This is not a contest but a challenge - This summer read something that takes you beyond your comfort zone and makes your brain serious look at its parallel thought pattern with more clarity. Read "The Last Christian."

A copy of this book was provided by Waterbrook Press for review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At the top of my "to read later" pile...

Another Book Give Away - Let's explore!