Really the BEST Book

Many people have asked me, "So, what is the best book you have read?" That is literally like searching for a needle in a haystack because since high school I have read more books than I can keep track of. Oh, the joy to have a library in my home with walls of all the books. Ok, back to the topic.

Since I read outside of the fiction world as well, I have to say that the best book is a parenting book. WAIT! Before you log off and don't give this post another glance...this book should be given to every one on the day of their 18th birthday. And since we are really behind the 8 ball on this one we have lots of adults who need to read it now. Yes, even in the later years.

Why do you love this book? Every day we live our lives in search, or some call it pursuit of, Happiness. We think that life owes us that right. We "deserve" to be happy. I can't argue with you at all. I too, want to be happy. The true power of this book comes from helping every individual understand that happiness is a choice and not a right. Take a look at this excerpt:

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."

On top of being a book that makes one really soul search it is a great tool for parenting, working with people, and learning about happiness. Take a look:

"What the vast majority of American children need is to stop being pampered, stop being indulged, stop being chauffeured, stop being catered to. In the final analysis it is not what you do for your children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings."

So what is the name of this "great book?" I know, I can hear you. The book is entitled: "From Innocence to Entitlement: A love and logic Cure for the Tragedy of Entitlement." My friend and neighbor got me hooked on The Love and Logic Parenting ideals and this is one of their best books. Visit their website for more details: www.loveandlogic.com

After you read it please come back and visit the blog again. I look forward to hearing your views. I have read this book so many times. Goodness, I even have printed out some of the ideas and hung them up from time to time to help me keep focused. I truly believe you will find it a great read. It will make you soul search but it just might help you as you search for happiness.

Comments

Sarah Schenkel said…
That sounds like a good one, Brigitte. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

~Sarah

Popular posts from this blog

At the top of my "to read later" pile...

Another Book Give Away - Let's explore!