It takes time but the payoff can be worth it.

As promised I have come back to share my concluding thoughts about the Shack By William Young. It took me over two months to read this book. Yet, I must admit that it is not because it is a poor read or even poorly written. Instead, this book has a deep message and many times I found my brain working in overload to understand all that I had read in just a single page. Often I re-read paragraphs trying to get the full context of what the author was sharing. Powerful. Insightful. Inspiring. Challenging. Although I don't agree with every thought or concept devised it has provided me with a great desire to hold a new perspective and to work hard to find the meaning outside of what I have originally thought. A look outside of the box, so to speak.

Before you go out an pick up a copy here is my advice in regards to this book. Take your time. Prepare your mind to let go of what you have heard about this book. Believe that if you are meant to read this book it is because you need to learn something about yourself. Then avoid the back cover...start with the very first page of the book not the first chapter and read slowly. When you mind is worn-out put it down and come back to it later. Then please, come back and visit me and share your insights, especially your findings on perspective. I look forward to hearing them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At the top of my "to read later" pile...

Another Book Give Away - Let's explore!