Can't leave 'em behind


Waterbrook Press has a new read out this past year it is called "A mile in my flip-flops" by Melody Carlson. Melody does something that most authors have a hard time doing. She helps you live in the shoes of her characters to the point that you feel like they are a part of your own social group. Creating this type of commonality is not easy. I found myself at the end of the book not wanting to leave "Gretchen" (the main character) behind. Although this book is a simple read and it provides a subtle Christian message that can be applied in day to day real life issues, not to mention that Melody gives us just a little romance on the side.

Comments

Vanessa said…
My local library doesn't carry any of the books you've recommended! I'll have to steal some from your "home" library when I see you!!
Brigitte said…
Sorry to hear it. Yes, you are welcome to do that. So many are great read. Have a great day.

Popular posts from this blog

At the top of my "to read later" pile...

Another Book Give Away - Let's explore!