Have you ever Seen a "Vawn?"


It use to be that I believed being a writer would be a fantastic profession. I loved to find ways to make words pop out and "off" the page if you will. Time has taught me that the art of writing is much more than just knowing what to say and how to say it. Writing takes research, study, and a little of what I call a "gift." Appropriately, I have put the ideal of becoming a writer aside replacing it with my love to read what those who have this "gift" have written instead.

The reason that I bring this up is because of the book that I am currently reading. Not a huge fan of fantasy I rarely rent movies or even read books that walk along those lines. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter are not common names here in my home. But once in a while I receive books that pull me in because the cover looks fun. There is more to why I stay away from Fantasy and that has to do with the fact that they are hard reads. It is amazing to me that people who can write can write in what is almost like another "world." I mean when was the last time you saw a man or woman riding on a "vawn" (a lizard like creature with webbed feet and a spiked tail)?

It can be hard to find the real meaning in books that are written in such a detailed way and manner....especially if you have to struggle just to find the story plot. That said, Overstreet (the author of my current read) is an exceptional writer. He finds ways to make the story take life and I find myself in a new kingdom faced with things I can hardly imagine. The struggle that the characters face are not far from what we see in life and therefore I find myself believing in their strife seeing it as applicable to what I encournter minus the armour, beastmen (although I might have run up across a few of those too), and castles. If you are in the mood for a good challenge and can allow yourself to overlook how to say some of the names of characters that can easily hinder the reading process I encourage you to pick up Auralia's Colors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At the top of my "to read later" pile...

Another Book Give Away - Let's explore!