Live Extrarodinary!

As a child I often wondered why God selected certain people to stand out. Then I matured a little more and thought that perhaps it was all just based on luck. Movie stars were selected either by birth-right or just dumb luck. Continuing to see fame in different lenses I started to think that maybe it was a little more than luck and really took hard work, and money. It does really matter what the real reason is or whether it is God, money, luck, or hard work. There is still a strong part of me that believes we are all destined to seek out our chance to be "someone." Of course, that someone mentality is different for each person. Not everyone wants fame, fortune, or added responsibility. Granted these three areas present a lot to be considered and maintained. Yet, I truly believe that deep down we all yearn to be unique, above the average. Almost like we are wearing a shell, that we can stripe-down when necessary and our super-hero arrives just in time.

This past week I started reading Extraordinary by John Bevere. Since I am thinker, this book has taken a while to even turn a page at times. The author infuses such a great amount of scripture and teaching on each page that I have to stop and digest it for a while, you know sort it out and get a clearer picture in my head type of thing. To help, I have started underlining different words, phrases, and complete sentences that I want to come back to explore. The outcome and goal of this book is to help us learn how to live extraordinary..."The life you're meant to live."

When I cracked the first page, I expected an answer or solution and "poof" I was going to start living this amazing life, filled with purpose, end of discussion. What I have found instead, is that I already was living that life...but a few changes on my perspective can help me to see past that log in my eye.

To help you understand a little better I am going to share one quote from the book (just one because I think you should read it from start to finish...be be prepared for the journey both mentally and emotionally that you are about to take)..."The power to accomplish remarkable feats and live an exceptional life is not tied to an occupation but to a disposition of the heart." Ahh...you see it is clearly a matter of perspective. May you find yours and live "Extraordinary!"

To order this book directly from the publisher click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At the top of my "to read later" pile...

Another Book Give Away - Let's explore!