Do you have a way to look back and see?


Do you journal? I know many of us blog and surely that is a good account and record of events but it is public we are less likely to transpire personal details and events that we might later need to be recall. Why? For the purpose of seeing God's hand in action. Seeing how change took place. Sadly, I don't journal. I know I probably should but then again, I look back sometimes and think I am glad I can't remember everything. The greatest loss of course is seeing how it all fit together, each part working out for good and a purpose.

Recently I picked up Julie Klassen's The Silent Governess. A superb read and one that I recommend you try out. It is has a good strong story line and reads easily. Although, it is from long ago. Meaning, if you like Pride and Prejudice type stories this is a great one for you. The main character finds her life in a twist of events that truly challenge her ability to see past each day. As you hope for change and better circumstances more and more begins to unfold. I read the last half in half a day, a "had to know" sort of ending. The point that stood out to me is that when we look back, as this character did (she did not journal, don't worry this book is not a journal of her events) you see how God put it all together. How each event, circumstance, and person played a role in the final page. Is that not how life is today? Can you look back 5 maybe 10 years ago and see why it had to happen the way it did?

Comments

Vanessa said…
You've been a busy little reader lately!

Popular posts from this blog

At the top of my "to read later" pile...

Another Book Give Away - Let's explore!