Books before the Movies?

That's it! I refuse to read another book before I watch the movie. Hollywood and their use of script direction is, in my humble opinion, pathetic. Names are changed, characters out of line and sequence, complete story segments missing, lack of important events changes the entire course of a theme - agh can you tell it is not a positive for me to read and then try to enjoy the theatrical version of the story?

After a grueling 5 weeks of pulling myself through the Lincoln Lawyer, which only started to pick up around page 254, I completed it. Immediately we netfilx'd it and I was immediately sorry. The actor selection, the story rendition...ok - you get the point. The book has so much more scope. I imagine it is both rewarding and disappointing to be an author that is published and filmed.

Do I recommend the read? On some moderate level yes. The detail is overly narrative at the start of the book leaving you forced to sludge along but once you get the main jest (again around page 254) you really start to move to the end. The overall story development and plot is intense. Character development is general. I found myself not inclined toward any personal connection. A good read but not a favorite. The movie? Weak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At the top of my "to read later" pile...

Another Book Give Away - Let's explore!