Some great and some mediocire Reads for the start of the year

Yes, I have actually read several books since my last post which means that although I find time for reading I find relatively little to no time for blogging. Ouch! I am sorry to those of you who were my faithful followers. Let's hope for a renewed zest in 2012. Here are a few of the past reads: Mindy Starns-Clark delivers another delightful read in Shadows of Lancaster County. This author never disappoints. Her characters are always easy to establish rapport with and she builds a good sense of suspense to keep those pages turning.

A friend recommended Ted Dekker. He has been around on the Christian Fiction scene for a long time but I have never read his books. But I decided I would try. I grabbed "Green" off the bookstore shelf and unfortunately I find Ted to be dry. He offers you to much in the way of narrative and too light in the way of intrigue. As is customary I will finish the book but find it a hard press to complete. Thus, if you seek out Mr. Dekker it is not because I strongly recommend you do so.


Finally, I have to tell you that I have pursued a book club. Since I like to pick my own novels and authors I have never joined one before hand. But it sounds like a great way to sit with a cup of coffee and talk authors. So I joined. Our first novel is "The Hunger Games." I read it in all of a day! I found it so similar to some of Sigmund Brouwer's works that I actually questioned who wrote first and who plagiarized. Interesting?! Needless to say I am on the scramble for book two and love this new series. A great find.

Comments

Vanessa said…
I just might have to read the Hunger Games since everyone who's read it loved it! Thanks for the review!

Popular posts from this blog

At the top of my "to read later" pile...

Another Book Give Away - Let's explore!